·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its racing season in New Zealand right now so I am spending most of my time preparing and driving the jaguar V12 quadturbo. But the Stradale project received some attention this week and the bodyshell is ready to be removed from the buck for its first trial fit to the chassis
Very impresive XK 12!!!!!, what is the power of this turbo engine ? Some pictures of the firdt Tipo 33 Stradale body?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The jaguar V12 quadturbo has seen 920BHP on the dyno. I race it at lower boost, so probably something like 750BHP.Where was the Stradale body picture taken?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
The jaguar V12 quadturbo has seen 920BHP on the dyno. I race it at lower boost, so probably something like 750BHP.Where was the Stradale body picture taken?
So you are driving an XK monster that should not be easy to handle on a track !!!! The picture was taken in our shop in France: there is a Stradale body (GPR) and our TZ2 evocation demonstrator , right now we are working on a Tipo 33 chassis as close as possible to the original ones !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Very nice work on your chassis also the TZ2. My true respect goes to those who build and fabricate cars, as I have been doing all my adult life. I have visited France, to the beautiful town of Loheac, back in the late 80s when I was working with Rallycross Team Sweden racing a short wheelbase Audi Quattro. I will never forget the freshly-baked bread, delicious locally-produced sausages, and some wonderful Pear Brandy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
yes, but its great fun!
So good luck, a lot of cutting, sanding ,a lot of time to spend on this project !But you are retiered so the time is not a problem !
Somme years ago I was in touch with Peter MONK in South Africa, he was making a Stradale replica on his self designed tubular chassis ! I think he had health problems !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
for me its all about keeping active mentally and physically, and as you say , now that I am retired there is no pressure as with my past projects which had to make money, dealing with clients, I still have not decided whether this should be for road or race..probably road. that South african car looks good Did it get finished?

·
Registered
42 Posts
for me its all about keeping active mentally and physically, and as you say , now that I am retired there is no pressure as with my past projects which had to make money, dealing with clients, I still have not decided whether this should be for road or race..probably road. that South african car looks good Did it get finished?
I don't know , he planned to use a Toyota V8 engines , some times ago I saw an advertising that is molds and some hardware were to sold !!!! Peter had a cancer so..............
If you are interested to start an other project as a TZ2 evocation, do not hesitate we could help you !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Love your CAD work. I have a motor racing friend who may be interested in your TZ2. He has money! I will show him your link

41 - 56 of 56 Posts