Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I've been made aware of this stuff and comments that it helps supplement Zinc level in oil that are :eek:being taken out. I don't think much of this recent reply given by STP to an individual on another forum.

I emailed STP to inquire on the levels of ZDDP in their oil treatments yesterday. This is the response I got today.(11/8/07)

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us about STP Oil Treatment. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

I am sorry but we can't tell you how much zddp is added. At one time we could tell you that there was 4 times the amt. of zddp added that was in old motor oils.

The fleet levels of oil have far more ZDDP than other types of oil. Other types of oil have continued to cut back on ZDDP.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,
Candy Thoma

Consumer Response Representative
Consumer Services

Valvoline doesn't seem to have a problem identifying the stuff in their additive -
http://www.valvoline.com/products/Valvoline Synpower Oil Treatment.pdf

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,087 Posts
Is the red label the 4cyl stuff? I'm pretty sure the difference is that the 4cyl stuff doesn't have the thickneners.

If you do a web search people have done ZDDP oil analyses on both types.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts