Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
The inability to edit posts without permission after 24 hours is an intentional design. We'll see if the BB owner decides to change that policy.
This from the FAQ page.

You should be able to edit your post for up to 24 hours. Near the timestamp at the top of the post, you should see an edit link if it is within that time limit. After 24 hours you would need to reach out to a mod/admin for assistance.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Are there options for mobile and desk top versions of this site? i see why this format may make sense for mobile users there is an enormous amount of wasted space viewing this on a desktop. The entire top and right third of the site are devoid of useful information. While I'm fairly new to this site I'm not new to auto enthusiasts forums and I've experienced several migrations but this format seems particularly challenging.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
"You won't even remember the old site after a month or so"

Sorry, Jason, but I don't buy it. I spent a carrer dealing with this sort of improvement in the software I've used in my engineering, and we grew so tired of fighting the ' improvement' changes in the analysis, changed just because, which always set us back many hours or days, that I just feel like walking out. Been there, suffered that, as they say. While the new software format may work, it is not straight forward or as open, too much buried and the processes are cumbersome. Clearly not written for the average user.
This is generally true of software vendors. Probably the only industry that repeatedly and presumably inadvertently admits it got it wrong before and now with the "updates" all is now fixed. If our plumbers worked in this way we'd fire them on the spot.

People who write software really have no idea about their eventual users. Indeed, they receive no training whatsoever in that all important area of expertise. What is missing is an understanding of what is referred to as ergonomics in other areas. The software may in fact be really good but the all important user interface is awful.

A cynic might say that software vendors engage in this strategy deliberately as a profit generator. That same cynic might point out that there is every appearance of a conspiracy to bilk the public between software vendors and hardware vendors. Every few years the computer you are used to operating and which does everything you could possibly want it to do (a quite small number of functions for the vast majority of users, at least users of a certain age) eventually won't work as it used to. You may try but your old computer just won't work as it used to.

Now that ought to be illegal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
will do Aggie
Great to hear from you
Will spend 10 minutes,,then go to the beach.
Previously,,,you could go to a section,,,like gearboxes,,and see new posts.
Now,,you have to go into each section and see if there are any new posts.
I will keep trying.
I guess its like the old folk converting from Imperial to metric.Takes time
Will persevere and keep you updated.
Just hit the "New" icon in the header and you will see all the new posts. Super quick to browse the new posts to see if there is anything of interest for you. If you save the "New" link in your bookmarks every time you hit the bookmark you will see only new posts. The old site had this feature too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What happened to all my subscriptions?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
new site not attractive.:mad:
when I search the site on browser I inevitably fall on :
"Oops! We ran into some problems."
I must search a post, look on "image", click on it to access the site....
I am/was a regular contributor, but I don't have fun anymore to come here.
I think I will have a hard time keeping up my story (1900:2600 section) if the ease of arriving on the site does not work out.

my 2 cents
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Did you get an answer to this question? I ask because I too cannot locate all my subscriptions......
If you were like me and had your subscriptions organized into sub folders with titles. There gone.

I just spent an hour searching for one thread out of 98 pages of followed threads ( or discussions as there now called ) Use to take me less then a minute to find them.

Also there is no way to organize them on the forum now.

If you bring this up to the Alfabb admins. They have no idea what your talking about.
Start with post 32

·
Registered
127 Posts
Did you get an answer to this question? I ask because I too cannot locate all my subscriptions......
Yep..... Click on your icon/avatar in the top right of the screen, second from the top there is a thing that says "Following".
Click on that, it seems to have the "subscriptions" but I haven't done a full check to see if they are all there.
Hope this helps. Had no response and had to figure it out for myself!!

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
Apparently you only have 24 hours that you can edit your post. After that you have the involve a moderator.
Yes unfortunately this is how the new system works - I've raised this issue with Verticalscope

Please note that NONE of this was the Moderators idea, we were not consulted on anything, Verticalscope made the changes and migrated the site - the change hit us as radically as it hit you.

Aye
Greig

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
Attention all BB Members

The change has happened, it's a big change and it has resulted in widespread unhappiness among many users. We moderators did not initiate these changes, were not consulted on them and we can't reverse the clock on any of the changes.

At present, multiple threads with multiple posts on multiple issues are going unanswered because the Verticalscope IT Administrators are only monitoring the following post for User/Member complaints and queries --> https://www.alfabb.com/threads/we-are-live-community-feedback.689346/#post-8492405

Accordingly, this particular complaint thread, together with all other complaint threads and any new complaint threads have been locked. Please post any complaints, queries and issues to the thread linked above, which is monitored by the Verticalscope IT staff who have the power and ability to fix things.

In the meantime, we moderators have created a "Tips & Tricks to survive the BB Migration" thread:
https://www.alfabb.com/threads/tip-tricks-to-survive-the-move-to-the-new-bb-software.689538/. All members with any tip, trick or POSITIVE suggestion on how to make navigation around the Nuovo BB easier and more user friendly can post it here. Please be aware that negative posts will be deleted and repeated complainers will be disciplined as is customary on the Alfa BB.

Sincerely

Your Moderators

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.