Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tried to post some videos, 4 time.. this was a great website to use,,but now, pain in the rear,, good bye..... thanks for upgrading the website

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Thanks AlfaBB
Usually I can spend 1 hr a day on the AlfaBB,,,but since you changed it,,I spend about 5 minutes cause it so different and hard to navigate.
Was so much easier before,,and topics easy to find and identify.
I did enjoy my time here,,but after 5 minutes,,ill go to the beach.
Was great helping people with suggestions and parts and problems.
Why ruin a good thing

·
Premium Member
9,696 Posts
I get it but all the other sites have changed. It will take a month to get use to. What I do is hit NEW, see what's happening then hit the icon next to it to go to specific sections. You won't even remember the old site after a month or so and it's actually easier to navigate just like the old one when you get use to it. Easier to post pictures too.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
"You won't even remember the old site after a month or so"

Sorry, Jason, but I don't buy it. I spent a carrer dealing with this sort of improvement in the software I've used in my engineering, and we grew so tired of fighting the ' improvement' changes in the analysis, changed just because, which always set us back many hours or days, that I just feel like walking out. Been there, suffered that, as they say. While the new software format may work, it is not straight forward or as open, too much buried and the processes are cumbersome. Clearly not written for the average user.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Thanks AlfaBB
Usually I can spend 1 hr a day on the AlfaBB,,,but since you changed it,,I spend about 5 minutes cause it so different and hard to navigate.
Was so much easier before,,and topics easy to find and identify.
I did enjoy my time here,,but after 5 minutes,,ill go to the beach.
Was great helping people with suggestions and parts and problems.
Why ruin a good thing
Give it a few more minutes than 5 Rob. I don;t like these new formats either, UI designers have a hell of a lot to answer for in my (40 year IT veteran) view. But the content and the people remain.....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I remember when we transitioned from the Alfa Bulletin to the AlfaBB. We went from a text format to a BB format.

I spent about 20 minutes initially to figure out where everything went when the new site came up. The next time I came in I went looking again. It is a transition time to "relearn" as it is with anything. Those that are just throwing up their hands and saying goodbye, need to spend more time clicking on various buttons. Everything is here, just in a different place.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Give it a few more minutes than 5 Rob. I don;t like these new formats either, UI designers have a hell of a lot to answer for in my (40 year IT veteran) view. But the content and the people remain.....
will do Aggie
Great to hear from you
Will spend 10 minutes,,then go to the beach.
Previously,,,you could go to a section,,,like gearboxes,,and see new posts.
Now,,you have to go into each section and see if there are any new posts.
I will keep trying.
I guess its like the old folk converting from Imperial to metric.Takes time
Will persevere and keep you updated.

·
Premium Member
26,739 Posts
So much for being able to help people now. No search forum function to find my archived stuff anymore, No PM function either.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
Why do we have to click on unlabeled icons instead of just seeing the label for the function? I dislike having to search for some unlabeled icon or symbol to do something. It's why we invented language, so we could communicate without too much trouble screwing around. I get it that techies like icons and symbols, but those who use a language usually don't. I for one want to see words so that I know what it's function is, such as search or messages.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
You miss the point. It IS more cumbersome and not as efficient. More information which used to be up front is now hidden behind icons and menus. A usability step backward.

·
Premium Member
5,443 Posts
I respectfully disagree.
You miss the point. It IS more cumbersome and not as efficient. More information which used to be up front is now hidden behind icons and menus. A usability step backward.
I respectfully disagree. You've got icons all over the place - you know what they are. You'll get used to these soon enough...

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Ok, I can't figure out how to edit a post - I hate this new format!!
Apparently you only have 24 hours that you can edit your post. After that you have the involve a moderator.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.