Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,225 Posts
You CAN copyright them if you wish, or just be PROUD that others like your work!

·
Super Moderator
11,225 Posts
I LIKE it when mine reappear! Means I did it right!

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
You CAN copyright them if you wish, or just be PROUD that others like your work!
You already own the copyright in photos you take. You can REGISTER your copyright with the Copyright Office. Doing so provides some benefits if you ever had to sue someone for infringing your copyright, but it is not required to establish your ownership of the copyright.

·
Super Moderator
11,225 Posts
Thanks Rich. I did NOT know that. When my photo's are re-used (or stolen) I KNOW my photo message is a good one. I'm not in it for $ so it just tells me "You did THAT right!"

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Thanks Rich. I did NOT know that. When my photo's are re-used (or stolen) I KNOW my photo message is a good one. I'm not in it for $ so it just tells me "You did THAT right!"
I’m with you, Gordon. Most of us like to show off our photos and don’t get too worked up about it when they get reused. Professional photographers, however, have a legitimate complaint about unauthorized duplication, especially on the Internet.

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only the first photo is mine. This has happened before from other sellers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice job! As somebody who is currently in the market, I've seen some shifty "stuff". Somebody posting a nice pic of somebody else's car doesn't surprise me at all.

·
Registered
934 Posts
That's "False advertising"...its not the car for sale, if just using picture of other car! think that's a crime. Needs to be disclosed as "Like in picture, picture not of actual car"

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
it reminds me of a restaurant I went to a long time ago.

On all the cutlery there was engraved: "I was stolen at the restaurant and the name of the restaurant"

It was funny ! :laugh2:

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
Long time ago my brother worked in a hotel....my Dad invited his manager to tea one day.
Whilst the manager was stirring his tea, he looked at the teaspoon and said
"oh, these are just like ours"

darn spoon had the name of his hotel engraved on it - luckily the manager had a sense of humour:)

My brother had to hide from my Dad for a week, till he cooled down!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tom; I was part of the committee that organized the 2016 convention in Nashville, TN. I’d like to help with your request for a brochure from that convention but I need a bit more information. What kind of ALFA is it and can you describe the brochure? We have a copy of a brochure that has a partial view of the front of a late model Giulia. Is that it?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm a commercial photographer and am not real pleased when someone uses my photographs without my permission. Just because the photograph appears on the internet does not put it into the public domain. What I usually do is contact the person, inform them nicely of this, and request that they send me a bank check for $1750. for each of my photographs that they have used. The alternative that I provide is that they stop using the photographs immediately. This usually doesn't change anything but it is the first step if you want to proceed with legal action. The next action that I use with third party publishers or websites is to contact the publisher or website and inform them that the they have published or posted stolen material and this should be stopped immediately. This works once and a while and might work with Hemmings. After all, it is false adverting on the part of the seller. The next steps require retaining a lawyer and that gets expensive. You don't want to go that route unless the offence is really egregious.

- Drew

1 - 20 of 24 Posts