Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I frequent other areas of the BB (V6 stuff) but if any of mine were ever swiped, I'd want help in recovery. I know the BB community is large and aware. I received the following from AROC over the weekend. If you see it, please make the requested contacts.

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

Email: [email protected]

Thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Any back story on who stole it or how it was recovered? My car is a near twin to this one, and so of course the story is very worrisome. But aside from being easy to steal, it's hard to imagine that there's a lot of street value for these cars -- hard to fence, low demand for body parts outside of this small enthusiast community, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wonder if it was simply stolen for joyriding. Older cars are comparatively easy to steal (no alarms, immobilisers, smart keys etc.) I had a Moto Guzzi LeMans stolen while I lived in Japan. Hardly an inconspicuous vehicle. Recovered months later dumped in the park with only minor damage. Bored teens I reckon in my case.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
There was a post on here on the BB a while ago about a Giulia being stolen and then recovered when it was parked and abandoned, apparently after the fuel pump died. Alfa theft-proofing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts