Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1600 Super with Borgo pistons and all internals on the motor are stock and motor has been balanced. Will stock rings be fine or do I need to go with Hastings, as I have heard some talk about this. Any help would be great

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
It is generally accepted that Hastings oil rings work much better than the stock Borgo. Compression rings are fine.

You can call Hastings and order just the oil rings.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a contact for these parts..as i looked on hastings site, but i will have to call them Monday,,,,this is the 3.5 mm oil ring 78 mm standard bore and I think , I will need the 3 piece style

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Not needed....

do you have a contact for these parts..as i looked on hastings site, but i will have to call them Monday,,,,this is the 3.5 mm oil ring 78 mm standard bore and I think , I will need the 3 piece style
Just give them a call !

You have the measurements, so they can supply the right rings.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
101/105guy...Thank you for your help. I reached out to Hastings direct, spoke to tech line 1st got correct part #'s they sent me over to customer service and took care of it over the phone. 46.00 for a 3 piece style oil ring set-up+ shipping. Thats was great vs. 120.00 for a whole new ring set.....I am very happy about this.......thanks again for everyones help:grin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts