Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to clean all the stitching that is RED in my vehicle.

I have an idea of what and how I am going to do it but wanted to see if anyone has a sure fire way of cleaning the stitching really well without harmful chemicals.

My thought was a toothbrush (soft) and some non-toxic/chemical/bleach free clothing detergent. I don't want anything to eat the stitching!
I have used leaherique Prestine clean but it does not work well for this.

Anyways, before I hit it, I wanted some experiences?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have been wanting to clean all the stitching that is RED in my vehicle.

I have an idea of what and how I am going to do it but wanted to see if anyone has a sure fire way of cleaning the stitching really well without harmful chemicals.

My thought was a toothbrush (soft) and some non-toxic/chemical/bleach free clothing detergent. I don't want anything to eat the stitching!
I have used leaherique Prestine clean but it does not work well for this.

Anyways, before I hit it, I wanted some experiences?

Thanks
Well anyways......

That worked well.
I used biokleen detergent and a soft toothbrush to gently clean all the stitching on my interior with great results. You need to scrub the stitching in a circular motion and have clean white towel to wipe it down immediately after scrub. Do this several times until clean.It actually brought the interior back from the dead. It looks brand new now, bright and clean.

Thanks all who posted:p
Hope that helps anyone that wants to revive their interior. Works great on the seats as well to get that dirt out of there.
Ciao!

BTW: some other info.

I used a non-toxic stain remover made by ECOVER. Usually found at wholefoods are natural foods places. I used this due to the fact that there are no chemicals in it to eat the stitching or leather.
I brushed the stitching then wiped clean with a clean terry cloth towel. This is key.

Brush in circles and get the foam up so the surfactants can remove the dirt.
Do not brush too hard and do not wipe to hard as it could break the stitch.

My red stitching came out like brand new. It is vibrant and is full again instead of flat.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Jason,

Thanks for posting this. I went to the Biokleen website and there was quite a few different detergents, which one did you use? I'm assuming one of the household?

Also, did you need to use both Biokleen and ecover or do you think one or the other would work fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts