Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new booster pump in so now I gave new booster and primary pumps, new fuel line from the tank to the injector pump, new filters etc.

The car starts fine and I let it warm up for about 5 minutes but when I take it on the road, in about 100 yards it starts to sputter and the fuel light starts to flicker.

My current thought is that I have the fuel mixture set to a lower fuel pressure and now that I have good pressure as the car warms up it is pouring too much gas through the injectors causing the rich mixture sputter and the lower pressure. Any thoughts? Anyone had this situation in the past?

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
The Spica system is basically a diesel system. As long as the pressure is above 7 psi, there is sufficient feed to the injection pump and variations in fuel supply pressure will not cause changes in mixture.

Do you have the fuel hoses to the injection pump correct? The feed from the tank should go into the REAR fitting and the outlet (return) line back to the fuel tank should be connected to the FRONT fitting. Also confirm that the +/- wires to the fuel supply pump and boost pump are correct.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hoses correct

yes the connections are correct

1 - 4 of 4 Posts