Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help by pointing me to a proper teardown thread for my newly acquired '69. I need to tear it apart before beading and installing floor panels and repainting in original color, to then build back up. I assume someone here has already done this and supplied some helpful step by step info.
Thanks in advance
Steve Brown 503-924-3000

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
One warning from some restorers is to plan out your project as far as time and availability of space. So many times have cars been torn down and never put back together. Some forks do segments. Exterior, interior, engine,
............so on. It is much nicer to do a full tear down and tackle say welding, body work, mechanicals, glass, then reassembly, interior..sourcing parts etc, but it can become overwhelming. You gotta know your own determination factor and the level of work that you plan to achieve. "Mans gotta know his limitations." quoted from Eastwood restoration products.. maybe not.
It really is a lot of fun to plan out, but you have to figure how long your car will be down for the count. Years... or if you get into smaller projects, then months..in segments. What is your approach to the project? Just like when the younger ones asks what it's like getting old..... the response is "DEPENDS"
Put it down on paper.. planning out segments.. parts needed.. level of restoration. Time frame. Budget... and so on. List everything, part by part.
Stage by stage.
Loads of fun ! Lots of time.. big leaning curve.
Hope this helps.
Stan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts