Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a Friday fun thread.
I have been wanting to change my steering wheel out for awhile as mine is getting worn. Opted for a newer 95 wheel.

Now I am not sure I really like it in the 1991, not sure it really goes.

So I have taken 3 shots, original, 95 with plain airbag, 95 with Euro bag.

Just want some opinions as at this point I think I like the 91 better. Feels better too? Maybe it takes some time to get use to? It's a toughy!!!:confused:

Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks for playing! :D:confused:

Jason

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Leaning towards leaving the 91 wheel.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,071 Posts
Of the three pics, I like the euro airbag setup myself. The wheel center looks less bulky and it's got the nicely colored emblem.

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of the three pics, I like the euro airbag setup myself. The wheel center looks less bulky and it's got the nicely colored emblem.
Thanks for your opinion. At first I was all about the plain airbag, thought it went with the car like the old one. Now that I looked at them all the colored badge does look much better!

Still deciding, left 91 wheel in for now. May drive with the colored this weekend and see how I like it. The wheel seems so much larger than the 91 and not that much of a fan of the flatness to it?!?
thx
j

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I don't think any of them look out of place. For me, it would come down to what they feel like, while driving the car.
Charles

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I like the 91' style myself, plenty of areas to grab onto. And besides, I am partial, its whats on my car!
You're all wrong :rolleyes:
My old '92 164 had the best wheel. :D The shape was perfect, the way the horizontal spokes turn 'down' made them very comfortable in a quarter-to-three position. My 91 is similar, but with the texture worn off the rim from more than twice the mileage.

However, there's no airbag in either wheel!

-Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well if we're playing the "my wheel's better than your wheel game"... Just kidding, to each their own. I love my non-airbag QV wheel. Nice cut outs for thumbs, much thicker rim, completely leather wrapped, and less "rotating" weight.

Jason, out of those 3, I think my vote is for the US 94+ wheel... is there any difference other than the emblem?

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've never been a fan of the 91-94 wheel. Looks and function. Though, it all comes down to personal preference.

I liked the colored one on your car.

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've never been a fan of the 91-94 wheel. Looks and function. Though, it all comes down to personal preference.

I liked the colored one on your car.
I am going for the colored then for the weekend and see how I like it. To be honest the 91 wheel feels and looks nice but maybe because I have been using it for 13 years. Not a fan of the 95 wheel since it seems so flat and looks bigger than the 91. whatever will give it a shot. can always go back.
thanks for your opinions.
;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts