Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after I installed the stereo, I realized that if I wanted to listen to the stereo parked, or pull over for a bluetooth call, with the key in the accessories position, the fuel pump is running. I don't want to wire the stereo to be on all the time so is there a timed circuit I can add or would it be a bad idea to put a kill switch on the pump?
Any solutions or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you
Giovanni

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Hi Giovanni, it is important to know which vintage Spider we are talking about here. I'm going to hazard a guess its a S3. If so, I'd be interested to know if the fuel relay in your car (largest black relay under the parcel tray on the passenger side), is a KAE brand. Although the KAE relay is considered a substitute for the Bosch relay, and they work without issue for many, several guys including myself have had issues with this brand of relay. The Bosch relays are not cheap, but can sometimes be found on ebay or from other Alfisti for a reasonable price. Having said that, is there any chance you know any other Alfisti in your area, that you can borrow their relay for 5 minutes to confirm plugging their's in corrects your problem? Too bad you are the other side of the country!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Giovanni, I have the same issue with my 1979 spider. I have removed the radio installed a cool looking blanking plate,installed an amp with an ipod plug.the amp is key on for now, but like your car the fuel pump noise is annoying. I am still trying to figure this out. I had a pressure switch from a john deeded mower seat I was thinking of installing but I think the switch would have been noticeable and made the seat look bad. A separate switch seems to be the way for now,but I am sure I'll forget to turn it off. I will watch your thread in hope that some one will have an answer. Cheers Neil.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys thank you for the input. It is an s2. I'm looking into the timer. It's what's built into my newer vehicles and would be exactly what I'm after.
Arrivederci
Giovanni

·
Registered
549 Posts
Change the ignition to a later year (later S3, S4) as the Acc/on was added to the later spiders..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts