Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am hoping to continue my protracted 1964 Sprint GT re-assembly and get the car ready for the road this year (famous last words).

Having fitted most of the external trim, I know come to the front of the car. Here I am faced with two nice round holes for the headlamps, and two vertical rectangular holes for the indicators.

I have new Alfaholics lightweight bowls and rubber gaskets along with the original H4 headlamps. Question is, how exactly do I fit the bowl, headlamp, gaskets and trim rings. What fixings will I need and does anyone have any helpful installation pictures ?

Same question applies to the indicators. I have new Alfaholics lightweight brackets, original light units and new gaskets.

Lots of pictures and instructions and parts lists appreciated.

Will post pictures once done.

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Invest in a Cardisc CD-ROM with the specific Sprint GT parts catalogue, or get the real thing and take photocopies (as needed) which can get oily. Problems solved.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alex, I have data from I think Papadam (?) which was in the form of files and manuals so yes will take a look, but I do like seeing up to date clear pictures where possible :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Here are some photos, hope they help.

For the headlights, first attach the clips for the sheet metal screws; then the black rubber gaskets go on, followed by the assembled bucket.

The bucket will have the rubber wiring grommet installed from the back and the galvanized inner lamp attachment rim.

Once the assembled bucket is installed, install the head lamp itself, using the chrome retaining ring. Last is the chrome trim/finish ring.

Side marker lights are simpler: housing with black gasket installed from the outside/front, then from inside the wheel well, the backing plate goes on, all secured by a nut with washer.

Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Chuck, great pictures. I have the plastic buckets from Alfaholics and the only thing I need to locate looks to be the spring.

Hopefully get out there this weekend and bench assemble and then in to the car with it.

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts