Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently purchased a pre-owned/exec driven 2019 Stelvio QF about 14k km's and I freaking love it. However, it has a major annoyance with the CCB's - they chirp/click on brake at low speeds almost all the time from front left wheel(right wheel some times) unless I modulate the brake pedal with less load. I went to the Dealership and was told some clicking is normal and to run them hot, I have done that a few times but it still does it and in Race mode it gets real chirpy/clicky. grrr. It's horrible! The Dealer did clip off some stickers in front and rear but that didn't resolve the issue.

Could it be glazed pads? Should I continue to try hot runs? I cant tell what else it could be everything looks good and Dealer once over'ed the front. I may bring it back again as the chirp is almost unbearable on Race mode. Any tips to get rid of the chirp? Or should I recommend dealer look again in another area of the wheel/hub/grease/clean?!

Thanks!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,419 Posts
From my experience this isn't normal. I've never had that issue on our QV with the CCB brakes.

They are 2-piece rotors with floating discs, so it's normal to hear them "tick" a bit when they are cooling off due to different thermal expansion/cooling rates between the hat and the disc, but I honestly can't say that brake noise while driving has ever been an issue at all.

Maybe you should try jacking up LF corner of the car and spinning the wheel by hand and have someone apply the brakes to see if you can replicate the sound? If you can replicate it reliably they should be able to figure it out and fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts