Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is my first post on the BB, but first let me thank all for the incredible wealth of information that I have already gleaned from this site.

I was unable to find an answer for this question in my searches so please bear with me. I have a 95 LS with a very tired steering wheel. I also happen to have a 93 wheel in excellent condition (I also prefer the look/lines of the 93 wheel). Can I swap the 93 wheel for my 95 - will it work with my airbag system or is it an incompatible?

Thank you for your help and guidance.

Cheers,
Bob

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
dont know that but can tell you

how to refurb your 95 wheel!

You can sand it down carefully starting with medium grit to get the surface nice and level, then finer and finer grit until its as smooth as you can get it. Then clean it off carefully with brush to remove as much dust as you can. Once thats all done (on the rim only, not on the airbag!) use black shoe polish. Apply the polish, let it dry, and buff off the polish. Repeat. Bufff again.

You will end up with a really nice, gloss black, smooth as silk wheel, just like it came from the factory. Its even better if you can remove the wheel to do this, but it can be done in place. Its about a 3 hour or so process with a beer at about hour 2 and one in between shoe polish coats.

·
Premium Member
27,378 Posts
Hello All,

This is my first post on the BB, but first let me thank all for the incredible wealth of information that I have already gleaned from this site.

I was unable to find an answer for this question in my searches so please bear with me. I have a 95 LS with a very tired steering wheel. I also happen to have a 93 wheel in excellent condition (I also prefer the look/lines of the 93 wheel). Can I swap the 93 wheel for my 95 - will it work with my airbag system or is it an incompatible?

Thank you for your help and guidance.

Cheers,
Bob
The 91-94 air bag and steering wheel the same part numbers. The 95 different wheel and air bag from earlier cars.

As for fit and function of 93 wheel and bag on 95 model I expect they would be OK to use. The turn signal contact and air bag clock spring assembly are the same for 91-95, so 95 connector for squib connector will fit earlier air bag.

Myron's 95 LS wheel is in bad shape, too far worse than any earlier wheel I have ever seen.

You need correct puller to remove wheel though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Info

Thank you both for your comments and suggestions. I think I will go the route of the 93 wheel, since I prefer the look - great to know that it should work in that application.

Cheers,
Bob

·
Premium Member
27,378 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts