Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a few shots of a wheel I recently completed for a customer in Calgary. I know ... it's a MOPAR wheel for a 68 Roadrunner but I wanted to show you a modification I've been doing more and more on vintage steering wheels.

The owner was complaining about how thin the rim felt so I increased the thickness by about 1/2" so it's more comfortable to grip. This is something that can be done on any non wood wheel and doesn't take away from the original look.

The last picture shows the quality of finish you can expect! ... and no that's not my middle finger !!! LOL

[/IMG]

Thanks, Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy
web site: The Steering Wheel Guy
facebook page "The Steering Wheel Guy" : The Steering Wheel Guy | Facebook

·
Registered
161 Posts
Very nice work!

I know the question is loaded, but what did the restoration of the pictured steering wheel cost?

I have a love/hate affair with the original steering wheel on my Duetto because I love the way it looks but I hate the thinness of the hoop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Stopwatch, yes it is a bit of a loaded question as it all depends on the condition of the wheel. :)

If you go to my web site : The Steering Wheel Guy and go to the "Get A Quote" page you can open a form ( on your e-mail program) with all the questions I need answers to so I can give you a price to do your specific steering wheel.

The answers along with a couple of pictures of the wheel will be exactly what I need to give a price.

Thanks and I hope I can help you make your driving experience more enjoyable!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful work Doug! The idea of thickening up the diameter is exactly what I was hoping could be done to my 69 GTV steering wheel as well.
Thanks!!! Think about how much thicker you'd like your rim and I can make it happen. There is a "GET A Quote" link on my web site page. By answering the questions, attaching a couple of pictures of your wheel and a description of what you want done, I can give you a price and turnaround time.

Thanks again, Doug:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are a few pictures of some more wheels I've recently completed.

The first wheel (Brown) is a 1964 Chrysler wheel that the New Jersey owner had me repair and change the color to Pearl/ Metallic Blue, the second wheel is for another 1964 Chrysler located in Calgary. The wood grain wheel is in a 1970 factory Pink (FM3 code) Dodge Charger R/T.

Thanks, Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to show a couple more pictures of the 1970 Pink Charger ... way too cool! ... and a 1969 Hemi Charger R/T sporting it's freshly restored steering wheel !

Thanks, Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts