Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would someone kindly explain to me how to disassemble my Giulia wheel:

1. In order to remove the horn button and horn trim ring as shown here (image not mine):

2. And in order to remove the top ring and hub, leaving the bare wheel as shown here (image not mine):

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hi mate, that is all really nice, and I too have one of these wheels for my Giulia Super, but how actually did you remove the horn button and trim, as I will need to do this in future, when ready to install the wheel on my car ?

Obviously I don't wish to damage either the horn button or trim.

Your wheel looks to be in very nice condition, I don't suppose you know of another one available, as I am trying to find one for a friend who would like one for his Giulia Super. Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Super1600, sorry for the confusion, my original post was not clear. My post was/is asking a How To disassemble my wheel shown in the first pic so as to achieve the level onf disassembly shown in the other two pics (not mine). I have edited my original post so it's a bit clearer. A newbie question but I just don't want to damage the wheel by prying.

I do not have another wheel. There is one a nice one on eBay but for US$500.

Grant (MaserGT)

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Pic #3: The ring of holes around the big center hole would imply rivets or screws from the back side holding the center hub onto/into the spoke and rim piece.

The horn buttons usually just pop off with no screws/locks to retain them.

Dunno for sure as I don't have one of those wheels around to actually look at, but based on pix and past experience with other types, I'd imagine that's how it would go.

Of course waiting for confirmation would be in order, but for myself, that's how I'd start going after it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts