Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange issue... The new rubber grommet is different from original as it has an offset. It would be fine if the offset was to the other side as you can understand from the photos, but what is wrong? Is something that I can't understand?

Attachments

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
316 Posts
LHD/ RHD? I see this one is LHD for '71 on. I assume you are LHD but not sure what year/model you have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LHD/ RHD? I see this one is LHD for '71 on. I assume you are LHD but not sure what year/model you have.

This is the part that I got from Classicalfa! The car is a LHD Junior GT of 1975. It seems that this should be for RHD... I raised the question to Classicalfa and wait for their reply.

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
316 Posts
Mine is RHD and is offset to the centre as that shows I believe. That one would fit perfectly I think.

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
316 Posts
Correct it is and the offset is to the centre. The new one above seems to have the offset to the side?

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
11,986 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The one on my 1974 is original and is centered. Note on the photos showing the shaft in relation to the firewall that the shaft itself seems centered between the screw holes. Wong part. There are several variations of this part for Its, Berlinas, u-jointed steering boxes, LHD, RHd, and what have you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts