Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank you everyone for all the info so far! I looked up Penrite's website and here is their US distributor's website for those who are interested.

RSC
it has a new name today:
Thank you everyone for all the info so far! I looked up Penrite's website and here is their US distributor's website for those who are interested.

RSC
It has a new name these days: Semi Fluid Grease (SEMI FLUID GREASE | Penrite Oil. And RSC does indeed carry it — their part # is LUB009

May I recommend that this gets added to the FAQs?

·
Registered
what part?
9,868 Posts
just pump in some litium red grease, i have used red litium grease for 10 years now, works great

·
Premium Member
14,261 Posts
Use heavy oil if the box is not leaking and semi-liquid grease if it is leaking.

·
Registered
1972 GT 1300 Junior with 2L engine, 2001 916 GTV 2.0L Twin Spark
2 Posts
Maybe a stupid question: does the oil/grease has to be refilled (or changed?) regularly? I own a Bertone now since four years but never did it.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
There are no stupid questions on this forum :)

Fill it once and so long as it doesn't leak I see no reason to change it. I havent changed my grease in over 10 years. I guess the trick is to ensure the bottom bush and seal are in good condition before filling and take a little care in not overfilling. This said, I can't seem to recall where the fill level is or if it even has one - perhaps others will be able to comment.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts