Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm rebuilding a 1750 Berlina series 2, and it had this Burman box on the left in the pic. One on the right is from a Berlina 2000 parts car (and the one I'm using).

Am I correct in thinking the box on the left is from an earlier Giulia that had the dash mounted handbrake lever? If so, were those boxes carried over to some the 1750s, or has it been swapped out at some point? I'm trying to figure out why the 2 Berlina boxes are different.

It's a bit of a moot point anyway, as the box on the left is cracked, so I'm using the one from the donor 2000 which is perfect.

Cheers for any info!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
yep from a car with under dash handbrake, they were in cars that didnt have the under dash handbrake. i guess it wasn't worth changing the dies.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hey Damo, where is the box cracked, any pics?

I need to inspect my S1 Berlina sometime, any clues where to look would be great.

There seem to be some around the mounting holes from what i have seen.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it's around the mounting holes they mostly crack. Here's a pic of mine. The cracks are actually easier to see in the pic than in person. You need to clean all the surfaces to inspect it, as the cracks are easy to miss when dirty. Fortunately my spare housing is crack free.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thanks Damo, I’ll have to have a close look at mine.

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts