Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my Stebro full exhaust system which was previously installed on my 1987 Spider Veloce. This is a hand crafted, stainless steel system which sold new for $1195.00, currently asking $550.00 obo, plus shipping. This system includes all three sections from the header back. If you are trying to make a statement this is the last word in Alfa bravado.

Attachments

· Registered
590 Posts
Shipping Cost

Where are you shipping from?

· Registered
172 Posts
cat or non-cat?
how many miles on it?
is the rear box an Ansa unit, I don't believe Stebro painted their boxes?

would you consider splitting up if there are interested parties? I'm interested in the mid section and maybe the rear. I'd consider the whole lot but shipping costs to West Coast will I'm sure be prohibitive.

Thanks

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This system is Stebro, all threee pieces. I finished the rear canister in black krinkle finish, ergo the Ansa look. This system has less than 4000 Miles on it in total. I am selling the system as a package and I have not checked on shipping to the West coast but frieght can be very reasonable.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure on the older Spiders, but since they are mostly the same, i.e. mounting points etc, I would imagine it might well work. Also, this does have an O2 sensor hole as can be seen in the picture of the head pipe section.

· Premium Member
26,050 Posts
It's specific to the S3 but doesn't have a cat, which is a part of an S3. It would fit a Spica Spider if you fit an S3 exhaust manifold, which is not that much worse than an early Spica split manifold.
Andrew

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's specific to the S3 but doesn't have a cat, which is a part of an S3. It would fit a Spica Spider if you fit an S3 exhaust manifold, which is not that much worse than an early Spica split manifold.
Andrew
I don't know why having or not having a catalytic converter makes a difference. The O2 sensor is upstream of the converter and there are no sensors further down the system. What is the point of stating that a cat is part of an S3?

· Registered
590 Posts
Perhaps I can sum it up in one word: CALIFORNIA :D

I don't know why having or not having a catalytic converter makes a difference. The O2 sensor is upstream of the converter and there are no sensors further down the system. What is the point of stating that a cat is part of an S3?

· Registered
837 Posts
I have a '74 Spider Stebro system that I fitted to my '78 Spider and had to get it smogged in Boulder, County,CO-impossible!,but the emission testers thought the middle chamber WAS THE CAT.! so they passed it!( I did not tell them the difference).

· Premium Member
26,050 Posts
My point was all US S3s came originally with cats, right? No S3 sold in any state in the US without a cat; it was not a CAcentric comment. I guess now if your state doesn't require it, great, leave it off. But that was the original equipment.

Andrew

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.