Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1981 gtv6 with a newly refurbished MAS and ignition switch. Both were replaced while the car was not running. Now that it is, the car will mot shut off when i turn the key to the off position and take it out. I am forced to stall it with the clutch or choke it out at the intake. Whenever i connect the battery i get the "key in ignition door open" buzz and an exhaust temp light, likely from a bad sensor. I have tried flipping wires, reassembling the switch and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,582 Posts
Check your wiring at switch. Red is power in from battery. Brown and Green wires should be dead with key off and hot only when key in ON position. Black should be hot only in start position.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked all the wires. Green and brown are dead in off position live in on position. Black dead in all but start, red is live. Still trouble.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there anyway the fuel injector power source could be jumped or bypassed further down the line which would continue sending fuel to the motor even though the power flow is off at the ignition switch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts