Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Been having a hard time starting my gtv2000. It started then would not anymore.
Recently changed the voltage regulator and got a new battery. The car had not been driven for about 8 Months. The fuel tank had been sitting empty, I added 3 gallons of fuel and started then it died. Would not start anymore.
I have not checked the spark plugs yet.
I did pull off the barometric compensator on the injection and noticed it is literally soaked.
The retaining spring inside looks good.
but I took off the center bolt and do not know how many turns in I am supposed to tighten back on before tightening the top nut.
Possible I have air in the fuel lines?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly the fuel filters are now blocked.....clean them out and or replace them...see if any surprises are found. When you say soaked....you mean with fuel?
Checked the fuel filters, they seem ok.
I think the compensator smells more like oil. I was not too sure about the position of the screw setting. I removed it. Do not remember how many threads in after I attach the nut.

·
Premium Member
21,700 Posts
I would not first suspect the barometric capsule.
After sitting, check to make sure you have good spark at the plugs?
Can you measure fuel pressure at the front filter? There's a little fitting there. If that's good, then I'd go through normal Spica checks. Typically cold start trouble is a mixture issue. Does your cold start solenoid click?
If it starts on starter fluid I would guess you have some mixture issue, either cold start solenoid, poor actuator setting, something like that.
Andrew

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Assuming that the engine ran before it was parked...there should not any reason to suspect the mechanicals of the Spica pump. These pumps are very robust ....save the TA which is prone to wear and corrosion that can cause the internal seal to wear resulting is loss of fluid. As suggested above....first rule out ignition & fuel pump problem. As for the setting the BC ...on a 1971 1750 pump this is what I measured. The final setting will need to be checked after the engine has been road tested and run for a bit per the factory recommended procedure.

IMG_5645.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts