Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
17,231 Posts
does anyone have an owners manual for an early 1986 alfa 2000 spider veloce with cluster wiring diagram?
Contact BB member Papajam. He makes color coded wire diagrams for many Alfa models. He is also the librarian for the AROC-USA and can help you get owner's & shop manuals.

There is also Car Disc. But the Alfa wire diagrams are too cryptic to decipher. Get Papajam's versions.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Really great technical discussions by a bunch of true Alfisti (sic) but before you go off reinventing the wheel let me offer of a little common basics. In the space behind the passengers seat where all the Bosch goodies are, there is a small black relay and a gang of black ground wires attached to the sheet metal for a common ground. Disconnect all the ganged ground wires, wire brush the sheet metal at the bolt hole and steel wool the ground wire lugs. Then reconnect it all back with some dialectric grease and a shinny new bolt and elastistop nut. This stands a very good chance of resolving the issue. If not, try replacing that small black relay. I have had amazing good results from ensuring really good grounds in Alfas in the Bosch storage area and with the tail lights renewing the grounds in the trunk.

Robert
Currenlty 1988 Alfa red Quad

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just traded a 73 Datsun 240z for a 1986 Alfa spider veloce. My wife's 40th anniversary present. We had one years ago and always missed it when we sold it. Anyway, trying to sort a few issues. I have no horn, windshield wiper motor is not functioning on car but test and works.
Do you have an electrical schematic to share?

I also seem to have an oil leak that is hitting the exhaust and of course making smoke and bad smell.

Thanks for your help!!

KWsAlfa

·
Administrator
17,231 Posts
Welcome KW.

The best wire diagrams for our cars are made by BB member PapaJam. They are color coded and vastly superior to the cryptic Alfa versions. Send him a PM (Private Message), include your email address & specifics about your Alfa (model year, etc) and he'll send you some .pdf files that will make chasing Alfa electrons much easier. I had an office supply store print out color copies on 11" x 17" paper then plastic laminate them - perfect for shop use.

In the meanwhile I'd suggest replacing the fuses. They could be decades old by now. Your '86 should have the more reliable blade fuses but even so it can't hurt to replace them and eliminate that as a possible weak point.

Item I3 "acoustic warning" is the horn relay.

Attachments

41 - 46 of 46 Posts