Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This spring I got my 67 Duetto back and now I have a lot of work to do. I hope this forum will provide me with a lot of help. The guy who did the body didn't return many of the gaskets and I found most of waht I need at Highwood Alfa in the UK. Is this the best source?

Also as to be expected the Dunlop Slave cyliinders are froze solid. I can get these from AlfaStop aslo in the UK but contacting them is hit and miss. Suggestions?

One more thing is that I need to remove the Red Metal part of the dash, Both parts. What is the easiest or only way to do this? I don't know if the metal comes out with the top of the dash or not. HELP!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
guidingbyte
Welcome to the AlfaBB.
The best source is the one that has it stock when you're looking. Pennies saved by excessive shopping for price may cost pounds in idle time.

Dunlop - frozen slave cylinders; BTDT. Tony at AlfaStop is OK; limited only by lack of staff.

RE: removing Red Metal parts of dash. :confused: Can you explain what the Red Metal parts are? If you're referring to the painted steel dash fascia, it's fastened by clamps and fasteners from the underside.
Use the SEARCH feature at the top of your screen to look for threads of others who have done this previously.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removing Dash

Yes, it is the metal fascia. Someone put wood grained contact paper on it so I want to remove and respray. I also have a new foam lower panel that I need to attach. Does the vinyl top of come off with the metal facsia?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Actually you dont have to remove...

the vinyl dash top. You can reach all the metal dash attaching nuts by removing the glove box, radio & gauges (which you would do anyway. take the metal dash out first & then remove the lower vinyl pads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts