Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
the starter of my coupé 2600 sprint is out of order.
The professional said me that the wiring of the motor is burn and cut and will be rewire. The rotor don't turn any more !
I think that is very expensive to rebuild it !
My question is to know if there existing the same in Bosch manufacturer or other.
Thank in advance

Laurent

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hello,
the starter of my coupé 2600 sprint is out of order.
The professional said me that the wiring of the motor is burn and cut and will be rewire. The rotor don't turn any more !
I think that is very expensive to rebuild it !
My question is to know if there existing the same in Bosch manufacturer or other.
Thank in advance

Laurent
Lauret, there is a Bosch motor available,but like the Marelli you need to find one that is available

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Mishele,
Could we have that in english........

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Both used Marelli and Bosch starters are very hard to find (and seem to be worth their weight in Gold). The geared starter described in this thread seems to be a viable alternative.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Hi All,

someone told me that some BOSCH startermotors from BMW '70- '80 also will fit to our 2000 and 2600 engines

I didn't checked it.............

rgds Franco

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hello

This is a starter MT42B

I've receive an information that the Bosch starter part number is 0.001 3011 007-GF

But I don't any where this part number !!!

Regards

Laurent

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Looks like BMW starters will not work

Hi all,
I did a comparison of a Bosch BMW 2002 starter (and related) with the Marelli from the 102 and have concluded that these starters are not compatible. Although many of the dimmensions appear to be the same (ring gear, drive gear, Bendix movement, rotation direction), a big problem exists with the mounting bolt locations. The BMW mounting bolts are in line with the main shaft, while the Alfa is offset If not for this, I think the BMW starter could be made to work on the 102. So, although this one won't work, with all the other similarities, there is probably some other version that will work.
Steve

Attachments

·
, RIP 04/21/2019,
163 Posts
2600 Alfa Starter

Keith at AlfasUnlimited has a 2600 starter. It will not fit a 102 car -I have checked.

Hope this helps, Roger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts