Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just tried to crank my car earlier today to see if I had any oil pressure (going off of the gauge in the car), but when I turned the key to start it, nothing happened, though all other electrics were working just fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong? If it's any consolation, or could be contributing to the issue at hand, the 16 amp fuse at position number 3 was blown, and the fuse at position number 2 is gone.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
When you turned the key to Start, did any dash lights dim?
Or, did they stay the same intensity?

If they stay the same, the starter solenoid is likely not activating.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you turned the key to Start, did any dash lights dim?
Or, did they stay the same intensity?

If they stay the same, the starter solenoid is likely not activating.
I wan't really paying attention to that, the only light I noticed was the "fasten seatbelt" light, and it looked like it stayed the same intensity, but it may have turned off when I turned the key to "start"

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
With a helper, you could check for battery voltage at the small trigger wire on the starter. If there is power there, give the solenoid a "love tap".

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With a helper, you could check for battery voltage at the small trigger wire on the starter. If there is power there, give the solenoid a "love tap".
Got no power there at all, which is weird because the last time I cranked it (a few months ago), everything was completely fine. Maybe a mouse chewed a wire while it was sitting in my shed?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I discovered the issue yesterday; there is a loose connector that runs from the ignition switch, once we fiddled with that, starter worked perfectly fine. All I've got to do now is figure out a way to make the connection good again and I'll be all set and might get the car running again.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the car running, the idle is waaay off though, it sits at a steady 1500-2000rpm, not sure how to adjust it but there's a few things that still need to be connected before I can do further testing, like the coolant system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts