Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,849 Posts
Not too hard, don't want to destroy the drive shaft doughnuts. Otherwise, they are a good ride. How many miles on it?

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speedo has been changed out...at least 130,000 miles likely more. Final price was $1500 and it comes with a bunch of spare parts.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not really familiar with Milano models other than the names Gold, Platinum and Verde. I don't think this is a Verde. I understand it's a 2.5L, Verdes are 3L, right. I'm told it had a Euro grill and some suspension upgrades.

·
Premium Member
15,849 Posts
You are correct that the car is not a Verde, just a 2.5 liter, either 87 or 88, not an 89 (no Verde spoiler on the trunk lid).

Otherwise, looks nice and a great price.

Does look like it has the added Euro grill, same as the stock 89s. Although the lower parts have been repainted red. Hmm. Not really a fan of the white stripe on the sides, looks weird. Has the entire car been repainted?

You will find the engine set up simple compared to the 164. We have needed to do very little in repairs to ours, just the double relay for the fuel pump and the computer for the ARC. Did replace the radiator but might have been mistaken about that. Have had a couple of coolant tanks leak, and of course, the Alfa door latch handles. The rest is pretty standard parts replacing after the wear out, ie, brake pads, discs, shocks, tires. The suspension settings are quite standard, and the tires will last forever, no camber problems like the 164.

As I said in the other posting, have a nice clean Berlina, a nice clean Milano, and one nice clean 164S. That ought to keep you very happy.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm told it's an '87. It was repainted in mid '90s. Mike said the hood is starting to fade a little, looks like the bumpers are also. It needs tires and comes with a bunch of spares, including original wheels. There's bound to be some other stuff also. I know the timing belt is way past due.

·
Premium Member
15,849 Posts
What size are the wheels and tires on the car now? If 15 inch, we've been totally impressed with the 15 inch Michelin Pilot Exalto 205/55-15 inch tires on our Milano. If the wheels are 16, I recommend getting those Michelins in that size 205/55-16 I think, same as what I have on the LS and will use on the 91S when the time comes. Really superior, sun or rain. They don't hydroplane in my experience.

They are usually on sale, buy four and get about $70-80 discount.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got it home and in my shop. It looks pretty good. Yes, the interior is clean, only some bad piping on the drivers seat and bad arm rests. We loaded the trunk and back seat of both the Milano and my 164 with spare parts when we brought it home and had to go back the next day for another load.
It needs rear brake discs and pads. One disc came with it, so I ordered the other one and pads today. The front discs and pads are like new. Look what showed up when I checked the front. Is this good?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,849 Posts
Hmmm, interesting, aftermarket stabilizer bar. RSR Performance Parts, building and supplying parts for and specializing in transaxle Alfas. European speedshop.

Browse

Don't know much about them. Don't know how the equipment compared to Shankle supplied parts, for instance. Probably better.

Wonder just how much other aftermarket equipment is on your rig.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ron Simons of RSR had a fleet of 75's (Milano) running as school cars at The Ring. For a while he was selling 116 and 105 suspension and Brake kits. The one in the picture is the milder version, the race version was rose jointed. He still have a wicked race GTV6 that he used to race in Holland. I asked him last year if he still had the 75's and he said "people these days can't drive without all the electronic aids... I had to stop using them"

I have his Ring Tuned Coilover kit on my 105 and it's fantastic!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts