Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning up the shop today, to prepare for the final paint booth building push, I had to sit and stare at the Monti's for awhile.
The red one is very close to done, has been a blast to drive. Next I will get the brown one running, the "Alfa Warrior, Rat Rod Monti". Then I will drive the hail out of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thank you, nice&cool :)
Rat Rod Monti, has some patina, but it's the strong heart underneath that counts. ;)
You are a lucky guy :) I have "only" one Monti :) and a (1988) Alfa 33 (stradale :) )

·
Registered
468 Posts
I like the Rat Rod ! Would be the Star of "Disney's Cars # 4" !!!! Has the right face and always in the mood for adventures, ha ha. Keep us entertained with your many cars ! very interesting Glen...

Your Alfa vitae is funny. Looking back the last 45 years I must say that also here an armada of Alfas passed our garage doors... Just tin - but lovely ones ! below just a few samples (between some other names + bikes) The old plates of Monti + 75 are back again on our 146 + 156 ! Brava...
Forza Alfa - Forza Montreal
hannelore
(OO==V==OO)

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,634 Posts
If I could find one and get it here without too much pain, I'd like to have a 2300 such as you picture. I lusted after one I spotted in Brazil that was a top of the line model, with leather and all the accoutrement. Alas, the pain of exporting from Brazil is just not worth it.

And there, there is your Super. A secret weapon if ever there was one.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yes, Don, the Alfa RIO (not so called in Brazil, there: Alfa 2300 Ti) was a great car - also in size. We had 3, the blue one for restoring and 2 cadaver for parts. Unfortunately the silver Spider and RIO had to go - there was a little building pit = MONTREAL new in house. We had to decide what we do and it was not easy to give away the other ones. The 2300 V6 engine of RIO was like the whole car a tank, but a nice one. A travel limousine with much comfort and very rare - a real eye catcher. Also it was a question of space, where to park all the cars ?! Well, things come and go - like we sometimes... :|
The Montreal was special, when this car came in house something changed. For our purse it was the top of mountain and the technic has also challenged us. Dirk and I started (seperate) with 2 wheels of course: early 50th see photo (I was an early starter playing in Berlin ruins!), 68 my first was a moped Kreidler Florett (pimped!) and soon later a Laverda 750 = WHAT a broom !!! Dirk had nearly same motorized steps. 1973 I had a 280 SE 3.5 Mercedes playing with kick down was a funny enjoyment to run thru Berlins streets.

I tried not to miss the big 4 + 2 wheelers, no no, but like all of us, I became older and thought today 4 vehicles are enough. Unfortunately bikes are over (shoulders damaged) but still enough power and fun to drive the Alfas. If I had no Alfa and drove others, there was no identification with a name of a car, back in an Alfa it was definitiv different, ha ha.

Mark, looks like Alfa is a little passion of us. For example we German Alfisti say about BMW: Bei Mercedes Weggeworfen (at Mercedes thrown away) or about other German's same nonsens. Honestly we can say we never had really frust memories of all our Alfas, but other manufacturers. Jep.

Well, to have ANY car makes us rich - many people must walk whole life...
hannelore

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Great pix and great memories, all! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts