Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to repair the stainless steel trims of the sills as they are pretty bent here and there.

Are they supposed to be straight when seen from the side along their length (see photo)?

Mine are straight om the outer part (ie the part covering the outer sills) and in way of the inner sill they are curved upwards at the ends but I am not sure whether this is correct.

Joseph

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Nice shoes? Will you come over and clean my garage....I pay well...take care...Ed K.
Can't answer your question--mine are installed and seem correct

·
Registered
936 Posts
well, the sill is flat on the car . . .

but seriously, i installed mine within the last year. mine were slightly bent up at one end, but i figured it was from disassembly, since the previous owner had siliconed them into place, and i had to pry them off for the paintjob. for reassemby, i slightly warped mine so that the ends were just barely DOWN, and then the mounting screws pulled the middle down so that everything was nice and flat when done.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I made a weak attempt to remove mine this weekend. I removed all the screws I could find, all on the inside of the cabin, and they didn't want to move. Is there a trick to pulling them or should they come right up after pulling the seven (I think, didn't actuially count) screws?

Will

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Will,

Did you also prise off the door rubber seal? Underneath there are more screws...

Can anyone confirm the trims are supposed to be flat when new?

Papajam, I think you know this....

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Hi Derek,

Do you see a possibility of checking this for me?

Thanks mate!;)

Joseph
Hey Joseph, could only get to one set without digging too much!
Mine bend up at the end too but maybe the PO pried them off a bit roughly!

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think the trims are all curved, i've had just a look at my 'old' trim on a flat concrete floor, it's just like the trims showed at the pics above.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I redoing my sills for the 67 GTV. There are five small screws underneath the door seal, five larger holes towards the cabin side and two small screws slightly in from the ends (pillar & jamb) between the seal and the outside of the rocker. These two small screws are easy to miss if you sill is dirty. I test fit the sills back into the car; seems to fit properly even though there is a slight deflection to the piece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts