Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommendations on stainless steel polish. I have some bumpers to switch but I want to shine them up first. Please share the wealth. Thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
hey i just finished polishing all the stainless steel on my giulia super. i'm sure u already know this, but i'll just say it anyways...steel wool. that stuff is amazing. i had some real dirty pieces and they came out brand new. the only thing is that it's very tedious. u need much patients cause it takes forever to get the pieces looking good. it took me probbaly a eight to nine hours to get them looking how i wanted them to. after using steel wool, finish with this steel cleaner made by Dry Wash. my dad gave me this stuff so i'll find out where he got it from. hope i was some help.

good luck

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have this really cool buffing wheel for stainless steel. It uses a sisal buff wheel along with a cutting compound. It can take out scratches in less than a minute! Then, follow up with a cotton buff and another compound for the final finish. Looks like a mirror.

It is all available from McMaster-Carr .

Look up item #4821A2, go to the page where the item is found, and you will see all of the compounds as well.

I use the 10" disks on my commercial buffer, but they make 6" wheels for a bench grinder.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
steel wool cleaning

yeah cleaning with steel wool is tedious, fabrizio. thanks for criticizing the me for how i cleaned your hood strip. it's a freakin' race car! it's ok, you can finish putting it together yourself, i got my own race car to piece back. can i still drive the super at laguna in may? you know i am gonna run your car more than mine next year while you are away at college...why should i waste away hours on my motor when i will have a nice super to trash? hey sniday, i may have a giulia super rental for race weekends when i am using my car.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Funny you're saying this Anthony. It's pretty sad too cause I actually may consider letting Snaidy drive my car before I let you drive it. At least I know he's not as rough on transmissions as you are. I mean considering that you've dropped out of your last races early due to your over agrressive shifting, I start to wonder if you really are ever going to get the opportunity to drive my red roadster. Hava good day! :)

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Very cute, the brother's are having a arguement. But you guy's are on the right page of letting me drive the car.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
hey fabrizio...
if you would pay attention, my race was not finished cuz of "abuse on my tranny" my freakin' fuel pump went out. i think the one off your super should fix my problem. thanks for the parts bro!

·
Registered
378 Posts
my bad....you broke ur tranny on saturday, not sunday. regardless...you broke it. and you still owe me a grill for my gtv, since you put mine on your race car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts