Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...anyone here use them? and your thoughts? and how long do they last..i have heard from replace them once a year to what ? replace them..thanks

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
I've had a set on for the past 2 years, and with regular cleaning, expect them to last at least that much longer.

Now granted, the ones I got were picked up at a local hot rod/race shop, so they don't have the DOT sticker on them (the only difference between them and the DOT ones is the sticker actually, and there have been no complaints from the state inspectors the 2x it's gone through) they aren't jacketed (why they need to be cleaned frequently) and they did require some AN fittings to adapt to the existing stuff, but then again both fronts with adapters and a bottle of brake fluid came in at under $40, so I consider it a fair exchange.

The feel is a noticable change from even new stock lines with a much more 'connected' feeling when you press the pedal.

I for one won't be going back to rubber lines ever again, and will be doing the clutch soft line in SS come spring.

Besides, they look cool what with the color anodized adapter stuff :)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I had them on there for about 4 months, good feel. I have had non-DOT lines on my GTV6 for about 4 years, alignment shop broke one when replacing tie-rod end and ball joint, they put a rubber line on, I have another DOT set to put on. My Verde has had them since I got it, they seem good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts