Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where and what are guys using as a hinge pin for the little chrome flap door the covers the trunk lock? Mine was re-chromed and the Pin was trashed and so was the little stopper stud just below on the left.

Any help would be great!

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
This project is way on the back burner for me,but when I do get around to doing it,I'm going to try stainless steel first.I think a hard aluminum alloy would probably work too.The hinge pin has a shoulder with the same diameter as the hole in your lock cover,and about as long as the thickness of the cover,(so the cover can swivel and not crush when the pin is installed.Also,the spring fits around this shoulder directly under the cover,so needs room).The spring in the pictures is missing its longer,straight leg that slips behind the strap soldered to the back of the lock cover.This little spring is simply .020" dia.wire with one full turn,(appx..093" id.),and one bent leg.AFA measurements,I can come close for the stop pin but the pivot is pretty beat up and probably be different for you after plating.The stop pin is .050" high, .119" head dia., .031"head thickness, and .074" shaft dia.,(this looks like a shouldered pin too.Pretty small hole in the casting that this fits into)Hope this helps and others chime in.Phil D.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts