Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I had a full stainless system fitted to the Spider about a month ago. The odd thing is that the front box must be larger than the origenal. Why ? Because when I brake HARD the front box hits the ground & scrapes along the road.

Guess this means I'm going to need to uprate the front springs now.

It's quite bad - problem being that its like driving with a take away curry on your seat - when it starts to happen, you automatically want to stop pressing the brake pedal - which isn't a good idea.

If its not one thing its another.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Hmmm, have you checked if the person who installed the muffler put all the rubber mounting holder thingy majigies back in? Maybe even a nut unscrewed? If that happened, get some Locktight!

If you havn't yet, get under the car, and inspect.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had to put another bracket in on my muffler since it would drag on inclines and generally is the lowest hanging thing under there. If it's not a matter of tightening or incorrect installation, look into another bracket. I had to drill into the truck to install the bracket, but no more scraping wahoo!

Loved the line about the take-away curry. Made me laugh outloud. For me it's open coffee which there is no holder for. One thing about late model cars, they have cup holders. The Italians believe that you should not be eating and drinking in your car at all but stop, go into a restaurant and spend a few hours with friends and family... I think they are right, but I cannot seem to convince the rest of NY of this to give me the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts