Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any experts let me know if the coveted bumpers on our series 2 spiders are 'interchangeable' meaning the parts? The black 'rubber/plastic? parts, the stainless, etc. Can the bumperette's from a '74 set be replaced with the smoother face black section from pre '74? Thanks for any expertise :)

·
Registered
1969 Alfa Spider 1750 veloce.
1,051 Posts
I saw a thread here under car resto that showed 74 model bumpers with the mount brackets off and they looked different then mine. The steel and lenses should be interchangeable

·
Registered
97 Posts
Most if not all the parts are interchangeable. The bumpers on my '72 below are assembled from the best parts from five bumpers (two for one side and three for the other). When I bought the car, the driver side bumper had a square hole in the rubber insert. It took me a little while to realize that hole was there because the insert (or the whole bumper) was from a '74 and that a previous owner had pulled the rubber snubber block out to make it look more like a '72 bumper. Both bumpers were missing the chrome strips along the bottoms and the top side chrome trim plates were in bad shape so I collected three other bumper assemblies and then the best parts were combined to make what's on the car now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts