Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many posts on starting issues none of which specifically describe the symptom I have.
The car has not been started for 9 months - it has a starter relay installed - the battery is new and healthy. Earths have been checked.
When the key is turned I get a rapid and reasonably loud clicking from the solenoid/starter.
My conclusion is the solenoid is working just fine but not able to throw the starter gear?? or maybe the starter gear is not engaging and making the noise on the edge of the ring??
Also, can anyone explain why the solenoid has 2 spade terminals but only one is used?? There is a remote chance I have connected to the wrong one (it's on the one closest to the block) but I can't find any engine bay pics that clarify this.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tks guys, I have a very clear concensus - while you're all off in the land of nod I'll work through the connections, wiring and swap batteries (or jump) - I'll let you know how I go by tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What would I do without you guys? Battery issue. All good. Tks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.