Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I have not seen the car, but I've seen the pics before. Furthermore, signs of a scam are there: ridiculous buy-it-now price, no reserve, id that seems to have seen little use for a while... BTW, I have reported it to ebay, and I will bet that the listing will be pulled soon.

Best regards,

·
Registered
9,288 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ebay sprint ss

Here is what the seller has to say:
I'm really sorry for this late reply but I've been very busy lately and away from a computer. The car is located in Pinconning, MI. It has all the papers(complete). This was my son's car who passed away 4 months ago, it only brings me bad memories. I want this transaction to be smooth as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and I don't have much time at my disposal. The car is in perfect condition, no scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever, no leaks, rust free. A great car ready to be yours. It has a clear title.
The price is $5,000 including shipping costs anywhere in the continental US. There are no other costs regarding this transaction. Regarding payment I am aware of the eBay's rules and we will use Vehicle Purchase Protection Program which will hold the payment until you receive the car. If you are interested please provide me the following informations necessary to take a decision:
-full name
-your eBay ID
-any negative feedback and if so .... for what reason .
If I receive the requested information you will be informed by eBay during the next hours with details about your purchase.

Thank you,
Jay
Step right up-I would like to go for a ride when you have purchased.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
When it rains it pours- another SS, this time a '64, is up on eBay- could be legit, but I think I may have seen these pictures before in a book- not sure, but the seller has zero feedback, never a good sign. BTW, I think the '63 with the funny nose was listed before by Bobcor- anyone verify this? That listing was pulled......:p

eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo : Sprint Speciale (item 320191300518 end time Dec-08-07 00:06:38 PST)
DW. I was doing my normal ritual of 'ebay browsing' this morning. Ebay will have their hands full on 'removing frauds' today. Someone out of [Ithink] Russia or an 'eastern block country' flooded their site. I counted OVER 400
"PHISHING" items. Didderent 'seller i.d.'s [hijacked of course] and ALL going to the SAME end-user web hosting facility. Very tricky boys. Original item # over-ridden with 'fake' one(very fast).....buch a dumb sh***s...Ed K:mad:

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
When it rains it pours- another SS, this time a '64, is up on eBay- could be legit, but I think I may have seen these pictures before in a book- not sure, but the seller has zero feedback, never a good sign. BTW, I think the '63 with the funny nose was listed before by Bobcor- anyone verify this? That listing was pulled......:p

eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo : Sprint Speciale (item 320191300518 end time Dec-08-07 00:06:38 PST)
This is a scam - note that even the links to contact the seller are not active... I'm sure ebay will investigate and cancel this listing...

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The SS (the one w/o grille) in the aforementioned scam listing was sold on ebay by Bobcor (or maybe it was Stephen's) earlier this year for, IIRC, $13K (which was the BIN price) or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts