Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 Spider 1750 Veloce. It works fine but I notice the clutch is squeaky when I press it down or let it up?
Anything to be concerned about? Is this a simple fix? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Look up under the dash at the pedal mechanism, operate the clutch, listen for the squeak.
It may be the pivot for the clutch pedal itself, or of the pushrod which goes into the master cylinder. . Spray some lube up in there. Both places wouldn’t hurt
Squeak gone. Good!
Squeak still there? Keep looking. A squeak there is rarely a catastrophe.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Look up under the dash at the pedal mechanism
Squeak still there? Keep looking. A squeak there is rarely a catastrophe.
Better to look down - a '69 would have standing pedals. But otherwise, yea, spray the mechanism with P-Blaster or some other spray lubricant (NOT WD-40). You'll probably have to lift the mats and remove the sheet metal cover to expose the pedal pivot rods. Or perhaps it's the mechanism underneath the car.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Better to look down - a '69 would have standing pedals. But otherwise, yea, spray the mechanism with P-Blaster or some other spray lubricant (NOT WD-40). You'll probably have to lift the mats and remove the sheet metal cover to expose the pedal pivot rods. Or perhaps it's the mechanism underneath the car.
I was about to say the same. Last I saw, they came from below.. :LOL:
If you do loosen it up with WD-40, follow it up with a spray lubricant of some type.

Reactions: radamm

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
LOL...Yes...got me....down not up.
I’m so used to seeing LHD = hanging, RHD = standing I didn’t think too hard about it.
I suspect the OP would have probably figured that out...but thank you gentlemen, for correcting.
(Oh dear, I can hear Osso still lamenting my absence from his logic class, from over here. Tough buns Osso...;-) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts