Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I am really new to Alfas... I have seen a few Alfettas with Spyder motors in them. I also know that the 105 Series Spyders have a bell housing & transmission connected directly to the motor, which is very different from the 116 series cars like the Alfetta.

So my question is does a 105 Spyder engine just bolt up to a 116 series transmission or is there an adapter I need to buy from somewhere?

Thanks... and I hope this was not a stupid question.

Best Regards

Michael Frost CEO MFI

MFI
2215 Via Dulcea
Fallbrook CA. 92028 USA
Tel: 760-728-7079
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
896 Posts
Welcome to the alfabb.

The reverse is possible (116 engine in 105).

You will need a different oil pan, and a different exhaust manifold (both from a 116 engine). Then it will fit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rafael:

Thanks for the information. Let me be a little more clear... I am building a custom car with Alfetta parts i.e. Rear End and Trans. So I can just bolt a 105 Sypder motor to the Alfetta Trans without any other parts other than the oil pan and exhaust manifold?

I already have motor mounts in place on the frame for a 116 Alfetta... are the 116 and 105 motor mounts the same?

Thanks

Michael
[email protected]

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yes, I think the spider engine will match the alfetta trans. Have to admit I have never tried it.

You will not need the 105 flywheel.

PS: spider is not with a y.

Don't know if the mounts are the same

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rafael:

Thanks... Yes I meant Spider... Sorry I grew up with several Ferrari Daytonas and one was a Spyder... Or at least that was how it was spelled on all the Ferrari Documents. Now I am an Alfa guy so I have to remember this...

Again thanks...

Michael

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts