Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
'63 Sprint

Might as well jump in here. Just bought back the 1st Alfa I ever drove, a 1963 Sprint that belonged to dad. sold to family friends back in the early-mid '70's, driven to Kansas in 1978. Stored inside for the last 20+ years or so needing a water pump. It started me on a career of Alfa ownership spanning 35 years. I have yet to see it. I'll forward pics and numbers after my trip there at Thanksgiving.

Ian

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hello again Patrick,
Mine is 1493E*06559, engine 1315*31233, Bertone 655948*A*, in the works along with Dave's silver car, mine is Rosso 501. It runs pretty well.
Looking forward to driving on your next Giulietta tour. Photo is the avatar you took!
Cheers, Laurence Anderson

·
Registered
414 Posts
Still available

No real action on the Sprint yet. No hurry; I've had too many cars for quite some time now, so I guess I can manage to find what little space she requires until her next (very savvy) owner shows up.;)
Message to anyone out there comtemplating any substantial restoration of a Giulietta Sprint: You can't produce one this good for this money, and this one is ready, turn-key, do nothing but begin enjoying it, TODAY:D!
Thanks for your interest.
Steve O

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Having obtained additional info. from Laurence (AR58SprintV), I now have 3 1958 Confortevoles listed amongst us!

Greig, what is your Confortevole's build date? So as to make the list more complete. Thanks.

Alfazagato (Stuart) owns a lightweight - I'll try to get that car's information listed as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Confortavole

Hi Pat

This is what Archiveo Storico sent me

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 1493 E 06193 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce, manufactured on the 6th February 1958 and sold on the 18th February 1958 in Johannesburg.

The body colour is Alfa red.​

Just what I needed - another resale red Alfa.......:rolleyes: this one will go baby blue, like Lionel's 06611.

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here are some long overdue photos of original 750 Sprint hood insulation mats. From what we can tell these were put between the inner and outer parts of the hood before they were welded together ( someone correct me if I am wrong ). It so easy to take things for granted like a hood insulation mat being easy to replace but thats the beauty of Italian cars.

Jonathan

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint

Hi There
Here are details of my Sprint.Chassis number is AR 1493 02231,1956 model in red.Delivered new to Norway, now with me in Switzerland.Apparantly this car entered the 1959 Rallye Mote Carlo (any information to confirm this anyone ?).At present being prepared for the strict Swiss road test (MOT),all paperwork is with the car including historico report.
When it returns i can provide pictures.
Regards
Dominic Gulotti

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Hi Jonathan

No, the Sprint hood insulation just slips between the inner & outer skin - of course it was glued into place around the edges & if it's been replaced at any time in the past, (the most common replacement material was the grey aluminumised material used on ironing board covers), then it's been well glued down.

The two aluminium trim strips are firstly to hold the centre of the mat up & secondly to give Alfa a place to mount the bonnet light.

The edges of these strips also just slip under the edges of the bonnet's inner pressing, the centre one is held in place by the studs on the bonnet trim strip.

Use a plastic cake spatula to get the edges to tuck under the bonnet inner lip - they can be found in kitchen drawers, if you are quick......

Ciao
Greig
Sunny South Africa
Some 750's
Some 101's
Some 105's
Some others

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Hi There
Here are details of my Sprint.Chassis number is AR 1493 02231,1956 model in red.Delivered new to Norway, now with me in Switzerland.Apparantly this car entered the 1959 Rallye Mote Carlo (any information to confirm this anyone ?).At present being prepared for the strict Swiss road test (MOT),all paperwork is with the car including historico report.
When it returns i can provide pictures.
Regards
Dominic Gulotti
Hi Dominic,

Welcome! Can you tell me what your car's build-date is? Not a Veloce?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Another car for the list

"According to our documentation file, the chassis number AR 1493.00555 and the engine number AR 1315.00541 originally correspond to an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint, manufactured on the 4th July 1955 and soldon the 7th July 1955 to Bonniers Bilbolag from Stockholm, Sweden. The body colour is Alfa red."

As seen elsewhere on the BB.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Thanks, William. Your Sprint is the oldest chassis yet here on the BB. I have you added.

EDIT:

Click HERE to go to William's thread on his Sprint. While re-reading this thread I noted that both Paul Gregory and Tony Stevens provided the chassis number for their cars, so I added them to the front page. This makes Paul's car as the oldest here on the BB.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
"According to our documentation file, the chassis number AR 1493.00555 and the engine number AR 1315.00541 originally correspond to an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint, manufactured on the 4th July 1955 and soldon the 7th July 1955 to Bonniers Bilbolag from Stockholm, Sweden. The body colour is Alfa red."

As seen elsewhere on the BB.
William et all,

Here is a little goodies about early Sprints like yours, it´s a technical evaluation done by THE most popular auto magazine of the era in Sweden, but unfortunately, to understand it, I´m afraid you will have to undergo an intensive course in swedish language.

Alfapower - Galleri :: Giulietta :: aaa

Dennis

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pat,
Just got the info on my Sprint. It is a '59 built on the 28th of October 1959 and sold to Hoffman Motor Car Co., New York on December 1, 1959. The original color was Red, and the chassis number is 1493.20841. Thanks!

Attachments

61 - 80 of 370 Posts