Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys how do these atatch, with threaded bolts or self tapers? My roof lining is in and like a fool I did not check the roof,I am now going to have to prod around with a probe to find the holes but am unlikely to be able to see if they are threaded or not:oops::oops:
Lew

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Lew, my 1960 Sprint uses two flat head fine thread hex screws per each sun visor mount. I also installed the headliner thus covering up the mount holes and had to use a sharp scribe tool to find them. Once you locate one hole on each side you can mount the visor mount which makes locating the other hole easy. Dennie

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now for the next [email protected]#%$$#@@[email protected]
Does that mean that all roofliner jewelry gets attached by normal threaded fasteners?
IE side window levers,lights etc.
All my jewelry "screws" seem to have gone walk about so I don/t know.
I am sure I put them some where safe so I wouldn't lose them now I cant find them so I will have to replicate
The perils of old age!
Lew

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lew, my quarter window latchs are fastened with small chrome plated phillips head sheet metal type screws and the "B" pillar lights frames are also attached with sheet metal screws which also attach the chrome bezel to the frames. Take care to not over tighten these screws. Isn't old age wonderful. I am 72. Dennie

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dennie
I am a mere child of 71,often when I am trying to get out from under a car I ask myself why I am doing this!

Lew

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Dennie
I am a mere child compared to you, 71
I often ask myself when trying to become vertical after being horizontal under a car why I do this!

Lew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts