Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladys and gentleman, introducing a totaly cool and easy upgrade to your Sprints or Suds rear wiper!:cool::D;)
From factory the rear wiper/washer control functions as follows: as long as you push the button it squirts and wipes the rear window, and as you release the pushbutton the wiper completes the stroke and stops... lame italian design....:rolleyes::D
By useing my upgrade, and installing the Volkswagen relay number 72 (part number:191955529)(relay can be found in golfs, sciroccos, polos,passats, sharans,jettas, almost all vw-s...) your wiper/washer button will function as follows:
As long as you push it(longer period, not just pushing it one short), the washer will squirt(no change in that circuit) and the wiper will wipe but when you release it, the wiper will wipe 2-3 more strokes :D, if you push it again(short) the wiper will enter intermittent mode :eek: until you push again one short, then it stops.! Cool, huh? :D
And the best is,its totaly easy to install, no new wires are needed to be routed to the back of the car (I installed it in the trunk, so I dont hear the relay clicking :D) What you will need for installation, are 3 "short"(length depeding on where you put the relay) new wires, a relay socket, some wire terminals (for the socket, and for attaching the new wires to the contact plate under the trunk hatch) and crimping and soldiering tools.
Check the wireing diagram I attached, its self explanatory ;)
If you have any questions feel free to ask! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Face is the master................!
I wonder if this would work in the front too!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great solution thanks for sharing it with us.:cool:

My rear wiper works but does not self park.

Does anyone have any ideas how to cure that first before I do the face's mod?

Dave

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Face is the master................!
I wonder if this would work in the front too!
I assume you have the early type column switch with no intermittent setting... You could connect this relay to the front washer button, and you would get the same result for the front as described in my first post.I can make up a wireing diagram for you if you like...:rolleyes::) ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great solution thanks for sharing it with us.:cool:

My rear wiper works but does not self park.

Does anyone have any ideas how to cure that first before I do the face's mod?

Dave
Check the wireing to the wiper motor, its the black/white wire to the contact plate that assures the self parking.If ok, and switched +12v is present with ignition on, then check the wireing in the trunk door from the contacts to the motor, open up the housing of the motor, there is a 3terminal connector inside, and those terminals like to corrode :rolleyes:, if all this is ok, then open up the motor itself there is a round contact plate inside,it could be full of grease and slideing contact of the motor cant get +12v to self park...good luck :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts