Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Mark,

I think your only option is to buy an SS and have it re-restored to your liking. Just a thought.

Chuck
Yep, I thought about that. I think though that there are still plenty really, really nice SSes out there, just not the ones that have been brought up in this threat (They're nice but not really nice :) ).

Also, as mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I know exactly the car I want. The owner is a good car aquantance and we see each other at least 2 - 3 times a month. He wants my 911S softie, I want his very special and spectacular SS. Once he is ready to sell, I will be there and the checkbook wide open because it will be very expensive.

By the way, I do not think that Euro 48k is steep. However, this particular car is on the market now for a very long time. I would be very dilligently inspecitng it if I were interested.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
If you think the nice ones are expensive now, wait one or two more years....
Couldn't agree more. Though the Japanese one better be perfect for $84k asking price (If my currency converter is correct ...).

I have to intensify my search: All owners with stellar non-red/ non-white Giulia SSes, PLEASE contact me :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
It is odd that there are a lot of B/B+ condition SS's around but few better or worse.

I have been looking/waiting for the right 'fixer' SS to enter my life for a few years now. I wish I had bought either the primer black plate one that Kenny was selling in southern California last year or the sun baked one that fantasy junction sold that came out of Modesto.

All the effort I've put into GTV's, Berlinas, Fiat's etc could have turned either of the above cars into a respectable driver. Oh well...:(

Ideally I want as late a car as possible. I've got my money saved and when the right car shows up I'll be ready.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.