Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys it's me again. I am looking for the oil line that spans between the metal line that comes through the fire wall, from the oil pressure gauge, to the fitting where it pumps out of the engine itself. If anyone has a lead as to where I can find a replacement line, I would greatly appreciate it, as I am trying to get geared up for the historics in Monterey.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind again, Centerline can't get me one for 2 months. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
Giulietta stuff-

You've got three great resources within blocks, Jon Norman at Alfa Parts, Epifani and Conrad Stevenson, all in Berkeley. The correct hose is not cheap. Fred.

·
Super Moderator
11,966 Posts
Flex oil line

Christian Ondrak sells an aeroquip style replacement that is far better than the OEM unit if you plan to actually drive or race the car;). I have had many requests for these, and Christians (OK parts in Germany) are quite nice.:cool:
:D Gordon Raymond

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were these originally rubber lines? I know they make aftermarket metal braided ones now.

·
Super Moderator
11,966 Posts
More on oil lines

Originals were nylon tubing. Just replaced mine with braided line from Tony at AlfaStop.
Tony's and Christians are both braded metal aeroquip style. Originals were (750 era) rubber ribbed or rubber fabric covered:eek:. Later 101 -105 were fabric covered rubber fabric reinforced:rolleyes:. I have NOS samples of these early flex lines collected over the years. Most with AR part # tags still on them. NOT for sale. If you drive your collectable today, the braded metal is the safest way to go.
:D Gordon Raymond

·
Super Moderator
11,228 Posts
Flex oil pressure lines

Italiar79:

You're doing this the hard way! Unless you can find a local supplier who has one on the shelf, just get one made by an industrial hose supplier. Assuming that you still have your original part, these guys can attach your old fittings to a new length of braided hose. The braid will shield the non-metallic part of the hose from heat better than the original style.

Here in Orange County, there is a place called Mesa Hose, located in Costa Mesa, that can make braided brake and oil lines. I'm sure they have a counterpart in San Jose or Oakland. Your local Alfa shops (e.g, Conrad) would know where these places are, or just use the Yellow Pages.

If you don't have your original part, then you may need to wait for one to come over from Europe. In that case, just plug the outlet on the block (a short 10mm metric bolt threaded right to the cap will fit) - after all, Monterey is now just a week away.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Original rubber type oil gauge hose available

Hi all,

Following several requests, I have now also had the original type rubber hose made, using Aeroquip hose. These can be seen at:
http://www.alfastop.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/1EN144.

The braided type hose ciontinues to be available, as at:
http://www.alfastop.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/1EN121

Best wishes,
Tony
AlfaStop
England

Originals were nylon tubing. Just replaced mine with braided line from Tony at AlfaStop.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I have a temporary line in place now to get me through the Monterey weekend, but will be ordering the braided line when I return. To all of you going to the historics, have fun and be safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts