Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to find a new, or rebuilt, or non-working original, heater motor and fan for my '63 101 Sprint. The poor little thing is almost entirely exposed under the right-hand fender well (what was Bertone thinking?) and its failure and the difficulty of finding a replacement seem to be common Sprint woes. I can't rebuild the original in my car because the PO already replaced it with something non-original, which already failed. Any suggestions?

Also, is there any functional reason why my heater toggle switch has two positions (+ off)? The manual doesn't indicate anything like a two-speed heater fan.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I got a new modern 12V electric motor from McMaster-Carr for about $70 delivered. It fit very well in the little 3 legged holder that bolts into the plenum and is quiet and efficient. I had to use a dremel to change the size and shape of the shaft to accomodate the original fan blade, but it was easy. If you seal all the ducting up well, you can get a healthy wind blowing through the defrost vents to clear the windshield when it rains.

As for the fan switch, mine has the knob you turn with a built in resistor. I plan on wiring it to a simple toggle as the resistor built into the knob is not very reliable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts