Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I think the only real solution continues to be a good used gasket and a highly quality closed cell foam.

I recently put a new fan and used new self adhesive type closed foam everywhere the box performs much nicer and quieter than an original 50 year old unit. Painful to rebuild though.

Tip for those who are rebuilding your box - use woodworking clamps to hold the whole assembly together while you put the clips on and flaps in. You will go mad otherwise.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Main heater seal

I'm in the process of a complete restoration of my '67 GTV's heater. As such, I can confirm that Classic Alfa's main heater seal (RB117) is an exact match to the crispy old one I just removed from my heater - tonight! Having said this, it's certainly possible that the seal was replaced at some point in the heater's previous 53 years - with a "later" style seal. Regardless, the seal clearly works and I couldn't be happier with CA's product - it's the real deal!

Chuck

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sure. It'll cost you £70K and comes with a pristine Sprint GT thrown in for free.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts