Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a spare rear window for my 101 Sprint Veloce from a Sun Valley junkyard. I purchased in the early 1970's and noticed a slight green tint. I was told that the green tinted rear window was an option and wanted to know if anyone had a green rear window in their Sprint.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My '55 Sprint has a green tinted rear window. I removed it a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure that it had not been out before, based on the state of what was underneath.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi John, William and all,

These green tinted rear windows were never explicitly mentioned in the catalogs.
In the earlier catalog there was although a specific number for a rear window according the USA rules and another for European cars.
Would the USA number refer to the green shade or was there another kind of specific requirement for the USA market ? ... thickness of the glass, the shape of broken glass parts, laminated glass ... ?

During the years, I often saw green tinted rear windows in Europe too, this makes me think that they were not the ones that were specified for the US market in the catalogs at all. (... just my opinion of course)

What was the reason that, from the 1961 catalog on, there was only one number left for all the Sprint rear windows, worldwide? Were the USA and the European rules equated at that time?
Any other ideas or corrections ?
Thank you all.

For the completeness, there was of course also a third number in the catalog, the one for the plexiglass version for the Veloce sprints.

Thierry

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no information about the green tinted rear windows and purchased one in early 1970's from a junkyard. I believe that this is a factory window from a salvaged car. I have this window as a spare for my 1961 Sprint Veloce. I just wanted to see if this was an option or was an after market window.

John W.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts