Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this morning we brought the Sprint's engine to life after what I'm told it's about a 4 year rest.

We followed all the instructions we found on the board as to how to proceed and it worked perfectly. As you can see it has great oil pressure.

We did get a nasty surprise though. Look at the oil filter canister :mad: And it had no filter in it :eek:

I tried to fit one I had from my Flaminia (pic # 3) but it was too narrow AND more disturbing in would hit one of the nuts that holds some suspension part to the chassis and thus even a correct width one would not fit! (look carefully at the last picture, the one of the generator; the nut is rubs against is the one directly below the cable). Any ideas? where could I find a correct filter?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
You may have the wrong oil filter canister base on the motor. There are at least 3 brands used on Giuliettas and you should have the same brand base that matches the canister with the assorted parts inside. [email protected] if you need one.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I think that sagging or incorrect engine mounts would lead to that interference with the oil filter canister.
JB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts