Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black '80s spider top down on U.S. 285 about 20 minutes southwest of Denver about 1 p.m. Wednesday the 2nd. Headed to Denver.
Had both hands on the wheel and was charging hard.
Richard B.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More spotting

Black/black top '80s spider westbound on Canyon in downtown Boulder
about 2:30 p.m. yesterday, Friday the 15th.
Bright blue sky day but cold wind off the mountains probably kept the top up.
Richard B.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another spot

Downtown Denver on 17th near the Brown, red with black top. 6:15 p.m. Tuesday evening the 4th.
Spider, late '70s/early '80s?
Almost warm enough to lower the top.
Richard B.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unlikely among tall buildings

Lawrence,
Much more likely to see me on the road in the southwest corner of the state than in downtown Denver.
Richard

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
OK, So I realize it may be heresy to put this on the "Alfa" bb, but sometimes, a car crosses that line to super cool, even if it is not an Alfa.

Yesterday, on my daily commute home from work, I was going west on I-70 near Colorado Mills. Coming towards me going east was a black Porsche 918 Spyder!

It has a base price of $845,000 ($929,000 with the Weissach package) and 0-60 of 3.1sec. It also has the Nurburgring record for a street car, at 6 min. 57 sec.!

Holy Cow! I want to take a better look at this beast!

Here is an inter-net picture of one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are a dozen or so based in Denver West right now for testing. If you were really that blown away, it's worth a trip to the hotel so that you can see them all in the parking lot.

OK, So I realize it may be heresy to put this on the "Alfa" bb, but sometimes, a car crosses that line to super cool, even if it is not an Alfa.

Yesterday, on my daily commute home from work, I was going west on I-70 near Colorado Mills. Coming towards me going east was a black Porsche 918 Spyder!

It has a base price of $845,000 ($929,000 with the Weissach package) and 0-60 of 3.1sec. It also has the Nurburgring record for a street car, at 6 min. 57 sec.!

Holy Cow! I want to take a better look at this beast!

Here is an inter-net picture of one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Denver Marriot West

1717 Denver W Blvd Golden, CO 80401
(303) 279-9100

This is a video of the 10 or so 918's that are here for testing

You might also catch the new Fiat 500X/Baby Jeep testing as well! The engineers also stay at this hotel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
In the 'better late than never' department... spotted a light metallic blue S2 Spider climbing the long hill west of Woodland Park on U.S. 24 around mid-summer this year. I was stuck behind a few cars in my Passat wagon, and could not get around them to have a closer look before it turned off on Edlowe road (goes up to Catamount recreation area on the north face of Pikes Peak).

I've always been curious whether the owner lives up there; seemed likely since the road is only about 3 miles long. I think this is still the only vintage Alfa I've seen on the road in the nine months since I first started thinking about buying one, and naturally started watching out for them. A testament to their rarity.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.