Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has some things that are not original as mentioned by others if it is a GTV 1600.
As for the comment 'very desirable car with a great color combination'. It may have been possible for a silver car to have a red interior but only in red leather as per the Bertone DeLuxe option.
It's not clear if the seats are leather, if they are then are they are NOT trimmed as per the Bertone DeLuxe option as they don't have the correct number of pleats or the diamond perforation pattern. The door cards are not the correct pattern for a Bertone DeLuxe leather interior
If the seats have been trimmed in vinyl, then they never came in red vinyl.

GTV 1600s are one of the most difficult Alfa Romeo 105 coupes cars to restore when it comes to the interior. That is if it is a GTV 1600.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Seller claims on “new engine”, presumably rebuild, don’t seem to be back up by receipts.

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Looks like something thrown together for sale. Can’t believe they didn’t bother to find a front bumper and painting the dash??

·
Super Moderator
10,639 Posts
While I agree that the all-grey dash and missing front bumper detract from this car, otherwise I think it's pretty nice. Of course, any serious bidder should rely on a PPI to really know its condition - how well was the bodywork done, how thoroughly was the engine rebuilt, etc. etc.

My problem with the missing front bumper isn't that I dislike the bumperless look; it's that it makes this car inconsistent. I'm OK with an "outlaw" GT that has no bumpers at all, aftermarket wheels, etc. In other words, one that makes a statement that it has custom/performance enhancements. But when a car is otherwise all original, but a major component is just missing, it appears that the restorer just took a short cut. Which begs the question: what other short cuts were taken?

I had to laugh at the BaT comment: "Can the seller provide certificate of authenticity from alfa this will help & support restauración history" Clearly a Porsche guy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts